Last Updated: 7/19/2019
By using or accessing the Reimbi website or Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Notice, and you hereby consent that we will collect, use, and share your information in the following ways.
Reimbi is web-based software that processes the reimbursement of business expenses, generally incurred as part of an interview process or event participation. We gather information about our Users, those that interact with our Website, products and Services, and about requester profiles, to provide faster reimbursements with less effort benefiting our customers and those requesting reimbursement (“Requesters”).
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through Reimbi. In order to use the Services, we collect name, email address, interview date, reimbursement method and reimbursement account information necessary to complete payouts.
When you request a demo or trial, we receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, when requesting a trial of the Services, you must provide your name, company name, phone number, and email address.
When you request customer support or otherwise provide information to us through Reimbi, we collect the content of those requests.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information About Children
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 16. If we discover we have received any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you find information on Reimbi about anyone under the age of 16, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Customer Information
We may use the data we collect to communicate with you. For example, we may send you promotional emails about Reimbi or alert you of service changes via our product support system. We also track when you open messages from us. This tracking helps us improve our communication with you. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you may change your preferences via the links provided in the emails.
Additionally we may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and develop new products and services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, confirmations and invoices, and other support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others; and
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests.
Use of Requester Information
All the information collected about requesters is only used to process reimbursements and to improve the product. If a requester wishes to change or restrict the use of their information by the Services, follow the steps in the Your Choices section below.
Sharing of Information
- With service providers that carry out work on our behalf, for example, third parties we partner with to deliver SMS messages;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- If you have integrated your applicant tracking system (ATS) we will share data with those systems when you initiate the sharing via a button in the Reimbi user interface; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Company takes reasonable measures (e.g. following all disclosure laws and statutes, certification via Privacy Shield to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Reimbi Operations and Transfers Out of the EEA and Privacy Shield
Reimbi’s data centers are located in the United States. If you live outside the United States, then by using our services, interacting with our website, or otherwise providing your personal data to us, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
If you live within the European Economic Area, Reimbi complies with the EU-U.S. Shield framework (Privacy Shield) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and European Commission regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from data subjects who reside in the EU, and which has been adopted by the EEA. Reimbi has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view Reimbi’s certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. Consistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, if Reimbi transfers your personal information to a third party acting as Reimbi’s agent on Reimbi’s behalf (such as Reimbi’s cloud hosting provider located in the United States) then Reimbi shall remain liable if its agent processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless Reimbi can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to damage.
You may update your account information by logging into your online account. To delete your account, contact us at email@example.com. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you up to two months.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. For further information about cookies and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Company by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Disputes Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Except for residents of the European Union and Switzerland, if you have a dispute with relating to our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most can be resolved that way. If you are a Customer, User or Requester and we can’t resolve our dispute that way, then please consult your subscription services agreement with Reimbi LLC. For residents of the United States, Reimbi LLC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
For European Union and Swiss residents, if you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, we have chosen JAMS Privacy Shield Program to serve as an independent recourse mechanism for dispute resolution arising from collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from EU member countries and Switzerland to the United States. The services of JAMS Privacy Shield Program are provided at no cost to you. Further, as explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice or requests for corrections or deletion of data should be addressed to:
10350 N Vancouver Way #5009
Portland, OR 97217